Is that your professional opinion?

Today I'm home from work, the reason has to do with possible changes coming (no, I am not pregnant), but more about that later.  What struck me again this morning was how much I've changed in the past 4 years.  April 2007 is when I became pregnant with our daughter.  April 2007 was also when I finally quit smoking (two weeks before conception we know now).  Prior to those wonderful days when I was carrying my daughter, Mark's and my life was obviously different, but not just in that "you're having a baby, is YOUR life going to change." That was an earlier blog. 

Anyway, this morning I woke up with the Peanut and Mark, saw them off to preschool and work, and then, went for a run.  Yes. Me. Went for a RUN.  Let me explain.  5 years ago, I would have poured another cup of coffee, gone outside with a book, and smoke what probably would have been my second or third cigarette of the morning.  I've blogged and commented about not being a smoker anymore, but never in my wildest dreams would I have added "runner" to my list of activities.  Granted, I'm only about a year into this madness, but the fact that I've been sticking with it for that long is amazing in and of itself.  Now, not only am I running, but I've started training for a 1/2 marathon!  I would say I need my head examined, but it might be a little too late for that and my father, a marathoner, has been quoted as saying "runners aren't known to be the sanest people."  He's a psychologist, so I guess that makes it a professional opinion.  It's okay though, Dad's called me crazy before...and now hopefully after October I can get that cool shirt that says: 1/2 Crazy is Still Crazy.

Comments

Popular Posts