Jumper(ing) for Joy

It isn't often that I can be super proud of a sewing creation.  For the most part, I'm just happy that I can sew and it doesn't look like junk.  Once upon a time, I made something that Evie loves and has now begged to have lengthened so she could keep wearing it.  This is me. Insanely happy.

Two years ago, I sewed a really neat jumper for Evie that turned out super cool.  I used Simplicity Project Runway Pattern 2574.  She loved it, she and her baby could dress alike (yes, I made one for her baby doll too).  Evie calls it her heart dress and wants to wear it a lot.  She wore it in the winter of 2010, shortly after turning 2, she wore it once or twice last school year shortly before turning 3, but I made her wear leggings with it because it was getting short.  She wanted to wear it again this year, but I had to alter it first.  I've NEVER altered anything, whether it was something I made or something purchased.  I took out the pattern again and decided to add on one of the alternate bottoms - as opposed to the straight one I made originally.  All in all, I think it turned out great...but the pictures tell the story better. 

January 2010, 2 years old
 


Same dress, new pleated skirt added, October 2011, 3 1/2 years old

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get more than another year out of this, but just having these pictures to compare brings a smile to my face.





Comments

bethalexandra said…
That is darling! She's getting so big.

Popular Posts