So much to be Thankful for

As Thanksgiving has been getting nearer, I have found myself reflecting more and more on just how much I have to be grateful for this year.   If you ask Mark and I, our first answer, of course, is our child.  Followed closely by each other (I assume, rather egotistically I guess).  We're both thankful to still have jobs where so many others have been laid off.  We're thankful that six years ago we married each other.  We're thankful that both of us still have our mothers and fathers around, and we each have a grandmother (mine's turning 92 next week!) with us.  Here are some other thoughts I have had (in no particular order for those friends of mine who look for those types of things):
  • I am thankful that in 2009 I decided, on a whim, to audition for a musical theater show again.  Without doing that, I would not have connected, and re-connected, with some awesome people.  By rejoining the Theatre Harrisburg community, we have been blessed many times over by the friendship of some amazing individuals and their loved ones.  Names have been left off to protect the innocent, but you know who you all are.
  • I am thankful we have found a church that we can both be comfortable with...and I am thankful that I stopped allowing the United States political parties to tell me what being a Christian means.  I forgot it's God who does that.  Turns out, I can be a Democrat, or a Republican, or an Independent AND a Christian.  Who knew?!  
  • I am thankful as well that this church remembers that we are all God's people - regardless of our sexual orientation.  I can therefore be comfortable that this church will teach my child to truly be Christian.  Not a judgmental, holier than thou, fake Christian who uses their idea of God to put down others.
  • I am thankful for my husband's "coaching" that turned me into a runner, and by extension a happier, healthier wife and mommy.  I also love that my child must have her own running outfits for when she runs with us.
  • I am thankful for this blog, and for remembering it was here.  Even if no one reads it, it's a wonderful outlet for a woman who once wanted to write for magazines and to write the next great American mystery novel. 
So, I'm sure I'll have to add an addendum or two to this for the rest of the week, I can begin Thanksgiving week with some of my top thoughts.  Family and friends first always, but there have been some amazing things this year - the running and our family back in a church being most notable at this point anyway.

Comments

Bryden78 said…
I'm thankful that I know you!
Ditto my friend! Ditto!!

Popular Posts