Family Favorite Smoothies

I promised a friend awhile ago now that I'd post some of our favorite smoothie recipes to the blog.  I had every intention of doing so, and, in my defense, I have had about 10 pictures of smoothies on my phone awaiting said blog post.  Then, today, a new friend asked us to share smoothie recipes...after she and her hubby cooked us a delicious meal.  The least I could do would be to put together a few of our favorite smoothie ingredients!  I should have called this the Mister's and My favorite smoothies.  Our daughter only cares for what we call "The Elvis": frozen banana, peanut butter, honey, and coconut milk.  Our freezer always has a bin of frozen bananas, ready to be thrown into a smoothie recipe.  Speaking of recipes, here they are below, hope you all enjoy them!



My Vitamix, a Mother's Day Present 3 years ago.  It has been used almost every day since.


As you see in the picture above, all of our smoothies are made with a Vitamix blender.  A splurge for sure, but one well worth it.  We use it almost daily, for smoothies, soups, sauces, salad dressings...the list goes on!  We start each smoothie with either a coconut milk or almond milk beverage.  NOT the canned coconut milk (which is an indulgence and makes a really yummy, creamy smoothie!), because it is high in fat, but one of the beverages, unsweetened, such as So Delicious.


My First Green Smoothie

serves 2

This was the first ever green smoothie recipe I tried.  It is by far one of our favorites, and we make it often when clementines are in season.

2 cups coconut milk
2 cups spinach or other greens
1 frozen banana
2-3 clementines, peeled
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
dash or two of cinnamon





Chocolate Cherry Almond

serves 2

2 cups almond milk
1 frozen banana
2 cups frozen cherries
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon almond butter
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal





Tropical Mint

serves 2

2 cups spinach
1 cucumber
1 cup frozen grapes
1 cup frozen pineapple
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
Juice of one lime
1/2 cup water






Watermelon Ginger

serves 2

1/2 small watermelon, rind and seeds removed
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled
2 cups baby spinach leaves
2 cups frozen pineapple



Comments

Popular Posts