Pork & Pineapple Kebabs


After a two month hiatus, Mama is back!  Between helping to get a show up, keeping the household running, actually running, and end-of-school-year stuff, the old blog had to take a break.  We found some new and fun recipes recently, and I’m hoping to share a lot of them.  However, I think the whole meal plan blog might be on a permanent break.  While I still meal plan for the family, the actual blogging of said meal plan didn’t seem to be very popular.  Straight up blogs about one recipe or meal seems to work out better.  Feel free to let me know in the comments your thoughts, I can always share the plans…maybe at the end of the week instead of the “as we go” approach.


For today’s blog, I am sharing a recipe from my current favorite go-to cooking magazine: Rachel Ray Magazine.  I have two or three of her cookbooks, but I do not believe I have ever made one recipe from any of those.  However, the magazine is FILLED with wonderful recipes, tips, tricks, and ingredient information.  This current week, our meal plan is made entirely with Rachel Ray recipes, including the Golden Quinoa salad for my lunches this week, and it has been delicious and satisfying! 


The recipe for this blog post is: Pork and Pineapple Kebabs with Teriyaki sauce.  It was FABULOUS.  Definitely a “make again” in this house!  The only small note is that the tedious nature of slicing the snap peas into thin strips might give me pause on a rushed night.  Other than that, it was quick, no heating of oven or stove, we used the grill outside instead!  Perfect summer dish!

 
My Grill Master.  I don't grill...but that's a story for another time.

Pork and Pineapple Kebabs

Courtesy of Rachel Ray Magazine

Ingredients

1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into twenty-four 1-inch cubes
1 small red onion, 3/4 cut into 1-inch pieces, 1/4 thinly sliced
3/4 pound peeled fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
3/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. store-bought teriyaki sauce - we used organic sesame-teriyaki sauce
3/4 pound sugar snap peas, thinly sliced lengthwise



Put pork pieces in a bowl, toss with teriyaki sauce, a pinch of kosher salt, and a couple grinds of black pepper.  Thread pork, red onion pieces, and pineapple cubes on skewers. Brush kebabs with 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce. Cook on grill or grill pan over medium-high, turning, until pork is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Using clean brush, glaze with 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce. In bowl, toss snap peas, red onion slices and 1-2 tbsp. teriyaki sauce. Serve with skewers.



Comments

Popular Posts