Baked Gluten Free Pasta, Chicken, and Arugula Salad



Continuing the experiment with gluten free pasta, I tried part of a baked ziti recipe...but subbed in gluten free fusilli.  I will say that while tasty, I should have tried the penne...the fusilli did not hold up as well, it sort of got lost in the ricotta mixture.  That being said, both husband and daughter gobbled up the meal.  Evie was more interested in the bell peppers in the salad and her chicken, but there are worse things than your daughter nixing the pasta and arugula.  After a less than stellar response to my salad the evening before, I sweetened up the dressing with some honey and turbanado sugar.  Cookin' Mama had a sad couple of days, cooking for my family always cheers me up. 

Pasta and cheese mix

pre-oven, with mozz "dollops"



Baked "Ziti"

One 12 oz box of fusilli (I used Schar's gluten free)
Ricotta con latte 16 oz container
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, plus more for top
1 egg
1 can prepared tomato sauce (gasp!...I know, but it was a week night and I didn't have any pre-made homemade pomodoro)
Oregano
Kosher Salt

Preheat oven to 375°.  Cook pasta according to package directions.  Mix cheeses, egg, oregano, and salt.   Add hot cooked pasta, mix in jarred sauce, reserving a bit for the top of the dish.  Spread mixed ingredients into baking dish, top with sauce and sprinkle with parmesan and dollop with mozzarella piece.  Bake in oven for 30 minutes.

Chicken

Pound down chicken breasts, sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, sauté in olive oil. 

Simple Arugula Salad

Mix arugula and diced bell pepper (I used orange sweet pepper)
Dressing: olive oil, juice of one half lemon, tablespoon honey, two pinches turbanado sugar, pinch of kosher salt.

It got a thumbs up from the little one!

She likes her plates "deconstructed"

Evie's plate.


Non-deconstructed plate. 


Comments

Popular Posts