Here. I. Go. Again.

The title could be applied to many things: writing for this blog for the first time in almost three months, getting back into meal planning, running, taking vitamins...wait, what?  RUNNING?!  Yes, running.  Even though it has been over a year since I was a dedicated runner, I have accepted the fact that I miss it and want to get back on track. (heh. track.)  No worries, this blog will not turn into a running one...I'm not sure my 15 minutes of 1 minute run, 2 minute walk current routine is the stuff of riveting reads (not that this blog ever is mind you).  I am however, putting it in writing and planning on using social media to keep me honest. That's another way of warning my friends and family that you may want to take me off notifications on Twitter and Facebook. 

So, as I sit here sipping my morning smoothie (recipe follows), I say to you, my avid 5 readers, that I WILL follow the training program laid out for me by my husband/coach and make my goal of a sub 35 minute 5K.  He began his training for his yearly Pittsburgh Marathon today, I thought it a great way to encourage each other, and both be healthier, if I started my program as well!   Wish me luck!!!!




Our Favorite Morning Smoothie
Serves 2

1 1/2 - 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk
1 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
2 dashes of cinnamon

Whir it all in the blender (my Mother's Day 2013 gift was a Vitamix...can't recommend it enough), and enjoy.





Comments

Teena said…
Kristi, I enjoyed my first smoothie in several months today, too. I also am making a resolution (promise to self) to exercise 2x week. I hope it leads to more but I'll take 2x week to begin.

Congratulations on focusing on making you a healthier and stronger YOU!
bethmac.com said…
You can do it!!!!!!!!!!
Cookin' Mama said…
Thanks Gals!!! I appreciate the support!! (and I squealed a little when I got actual comments on the blog too).

xoxoxo

Popular Posts