Picture, Picture, on the wall

Jenn at Juggling Life shared an idea, along with an invite to play along: blogging about the photos on the walls of your home.  Many of you know what my dining room looks like...no, no, I mean the photos on the wall, not the mess.  I've posted photos, I've also photo blogged, but never have I posted a picture of a picture and talked about it...what a fun idea!  And, like Jenn, with the amount of photos we have around our home, it should keep me busy for awhile!

I decided to start with a photo from our wedding, because without that event, we would not have the gallery of family and friends adorning our walls.  I am truly blessed to be married to this man.  He is beyond patient, kind, and is an amazing father to our daughter.  What I love about this picture is that we are totally relaxed and happy.  The ceremony had taken place, the reception was over, and we were hanging out in the (rather fancy) lounge at The Hotel Hershey.  This was back in the day when you were still permitted to enjoy a good cigar in this lounge, so we kicked back with a bottle of wine and our Acid and our Maduro (if memory serves).  We have both long since quit smoking, Mark still enjoys the occasional cigar, but at that time, it was our celebration together.  The first bottle of wine ordered as husband and wife, the beginning of our honeymoon week, and the relaxation that comes after your guests have gone and you no longer have anyone to please and focus on but each other.


Comments

I love the black and white. I don't get the cigar thing myself, but people do seem to enjoy them!

Thanks for playing.
I am a pal of jen's and playing along :) pleased to meet ya!
Busy Bee Suz said…
What a sweet moment captured....for you to enjoy forever. Love it when simple candids turn into the best memories.
I'm visiting from Jen's blog and am friends with Gary and Suz too, so HI! Love this photo. You look like royalty!
Thanks for visiting! Can't wait to check out all of your pictures as well...
Jen said…
Hi, I posted one also. I like the fact that you are sitting on his lap, instead of sitting across the table, both checking your iphones like you see couples so often doing now! Not that you do that now! I don't know you. Please tell me you don't do that! :)
Nope, no checking iphones at dinner, any meal time, etc. We do text each other during the word day like a pair of teenagers sometimes though...
Jen said…
That's perfectly okay, and actually very sweet!
Susan said…
Great photo and I am sure you have found many things to share besides cigars...

Popular Posts