Out of the mouths of babes...

We're all sitting around my dining room table, watching the twins have a late breakfast. I'm sitting on one of the cane chairs holding my daughter and enjoying the family moment. My three year old niece comes around the corner, looks at me and says "Auntie Kristi, you shouldn't sit on that chair, I think your hiney is too big for it." I'm not sure what was funnier. What she said, or my sister and mother's reactions.

Well, at least the kid won't lie to me. And for the record, EVERYONE'S hineys are too big for those freakin' chairs.

Comments

Manic Mommy said…
I was sitting my 8 year old niece when she looked at the TV and said, "We're not allowed to watch Spongebob. Mommy says it's stupid."

Without missing a beat, I turned and told her "In this house we're not allowed to say stupid."
My absolute favorite was when I was sitting next to you and your then (4?) year old niece walked up and said "Auntie, can I slap you in your face?" and you replied (again, without missing a beat) "no, but thank you for asking first!"
HRH said…
Oh I have chairs like that! It is so rude. They really should be abolished from the earth.

Popular Posts