All I got was this lousy t-shirt...

After bath time with my daughter this evening, I went looking for sweats and a big comfy t-shirt to lounge around in. We've tried to whittle down our collection over the years, but we still hold onto beat-up favorites. I grabbed a "take me to your Corona" shirt with an evil looking lime on it. I had to stop and think about the shirt's origins, then remembered...I used to date a bar manager. Therefore, we have some shirts that make us look like booze hounds. This led to more thinking, how many shirts do we have that actually come from my (or his) past relationships? I know for me, there's the aforementioned bar shirts, and a few others (the hockey shirts, a random Polo t-shirt). I asked Mark and he's says he's pretty sure he has some too, but can't remember (the man doesn't remember much - this is the norm). My hubby is awesome like that: we can talk about past relationships without problems. I do have some close to me that do not have that ability to share those stories / laughs / and maybe even t-shirts with their significant others. It just reminds me again how very lucky I am. And I have the shirt(s) to prove it.

Comments

Manic Mommy said…
That was a hoot - and so clever!

I refer to those items as 'things I got in the settlement.'
JCK said…
Aaah..yes, the ubiquitous ex-boyfriend's sleeping T-shirt. You made me smile.

Thanks so much for coming by my blog last week! And leaving such a lovely comment.
Denise said…
In my marriage, I am the one who can't remember anything. Makes life nice at times! :o)

Popular Posts