Success! Sort of.

It is now Friday, April 4th, and I am back home with my little Petunia. I made it! My first week back to work was not the absolute horror I thought it might be. I'm not going to lie, I bawled the entire ride to work on Monday. However, Petunia had so much fun with Grandma and Auntie A that Tuesday went a lot better knowing she was at least okay...! And, dare I say it, I actually had fun at work this week!

I've returned to 4 day weeks, which is good because I was about a drooling moron by yesterday afternoon (some of you may wonder how that is different than normal). I say it was a sort of success because the evenings were, um, different for me. Has anyone actually resented their husband's presence while at the same time wondering why he isn't doing more? Intellectually I recognize that I was just missing P's and my "alone time" while dealing with The Way Daddies Do Things. Emotionally, I was doing a dance when he left for work this morning. Don't get me wrong, the man is amazing - he'd have to be to deal with me - but I do hope that I soon adjust to the next phase of motherhood...for all our sakes!

Comments

Popular Posts