Movie Meme

I’m not even sure what a meme is being a blog neophyte and all, but I had so much fun with Manic Mommy’s that I thought I’d bite off of her and try it on my site! (and I too smile at the use of behold).

Behold, the rules:
- Pick fifteen of your favorite movies
Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
- Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
- Fill in the film title once it's guessed.

This part is for the reader
- No Googling or using IMDB search functions.
- Leave your answer(s) in the comments.

Movie One
- You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city. Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
- Like who?
- Farmers.
- Who else?
- Farmers' mums.


Movie Two
Hey slim, are you wearing my underwear? 'Cause I'm wearing yours, and they're not doing the trick.


Movie Three
Beautiful isn't it? It took me half a lifetime to invent it. I'm sure you've discovered my deep and abiding interest in pain. Presently I'm writing the definitive work on the subject, so I want you to be totally honest with me on how the machine makes you feel. This being our first try, I'll use the lowest setting.
The Princess Bride (Manic Mommy)

Movie Four
So I'm rappelling down Mount Vesuvius when suddenly I slip, and I start to fall. Just falling, ahh ahh, I'll never forget the terror. When suddenly I realize "Holy shit, Hansel, haven't you been smoking Peyote for six straight days, and couldn't some of this maybe be in your head?"
Zoolander (Jenn @ Juggling Life)

Movie Five
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE? Stop laughing right meow.


Movie Six
-Are you kidding me? How does he do that? How do you do that? What are you saying?
-[speaking as H. R.] Hey, how are you?
-[speaking as Becky] Oh, I'm good!
-[H. R.] Nice to meet you. I'm Handsome Rob. And you are?
-[Becky] Oh, my name's Becky, but it's written on my shirt!
-[H. R.] Listen, I'm gonna need your shirt, and your truck.
-[Becky] Perfect! I'll give them both to you. Would you like my virginity as well?
-[H. R.] If it's on the menu.
-[Becky] Oh, you're so witty! Why don't you take advantage of me?
-[H. R.] Yeah, you're not too bright, are you?
-[Becky] No.
-[H. R.] Perfect.


Movie Seven
- You're wondering, "What is a place like me doing in a girl like this?"
- Yeah, something like that.
The Mummy (Manic Mommy)

Movie Eight
- When what's left of you gets around to what's left to be gotten, what's left to be gotten won't be worth getting, whatever it is you've got left.
- When I figure out what that means I'll come up with a crushing reply


Movie Nine
- This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
- Define "interesting".
- [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?
Serenity (CheckyPantz)

Movie Ten
-Fluff and fold, buddy. Soon as I make it really big, I'm going fluff and fold.

Movie Eleven
- We've become a race of Peeping Toms. What people ought to do is get outside their own house and look in for a change. Yes sir. How's that for a bit of homespun philosophy?
- Readers Digest, April 1939.
- Well, I only quote from the best.


Movie Twelve
- Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master. But, I chickened out and said the first name that came to mind.
A Christmas Story (Manic Mommy)

Movie Thirteen
- He's all right! Aren't you, cat? Poor cat! Poor slob! Poor slob without a name! The way I see it I haven't got the right to give him one. We don't belong to each other. We just took up one day by the river. I don't want to own anything until I find a place where me and things go together. I'm not sure where that is but I know what it is like.
Breakfast at Tiffany's (Manic Mommy)

Movie Fourteen
- Lizzy, how can you put your faith in a man you spectacularly binned for being unreliable? A man whose idea of a romantic nightspot and an impenetrable fortress are the same thing? It's... This is a pub! We are in a pub! What are we going to do?


Movie Fifteen
- No, a vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, you become something else entirely.

Comments

Manic Mommy said…
Here we go:

#3 - The Princess Bride (one of my all time favorite movies and eminently quotable)

#7 - The Mummy (starring the huz's girlfriend, Rachel Weitz)

#12 - A Christmas Story (see same comment at #3)

#13 - Breakfast at Tiffany's (let's face it, we all want to be Audrey Hepburn or at least Holly Golightly)
CheckyPantz said…
#9 is Serenity. And bravo for having it on your list.

Wash is not dead.
#4 Zoolander

Good luck with the back to work thing!

Sent your way by Manic Mommy.
Martha Who? said…
I mean Fluff and Fold has GOT to be da St. Elmo's, dude.
Niiice!
Movie #8-White Christmas, one of my FAVORITES!
Bryden78 said…
Ok I realize you wrote this entry like 3 years ago but I'm going to answer anyway..so there...

1. Hot Fuzz
5. Super Troopers!!!!!
6. The Italian Job (my fave!)

Popular Posts